AUSTIN, Texas – we walked 35 holes, and I’m grouchy. Scattered thoughts from a marathon and mostly fun day in Austin that saw Tiger Woods bounced from a WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play after a 1-down detriment to Lucas Bjerregaard.
· He lipped a 5-footer when he had to have it. There’s kind of no approach around it. He missed a series of brief putts this week, and he was visibly frustrated by all of them. He also rolled in some longer ones underneath vigour that done him demeanour like Tiger Freaking Woods. So we have no thought what to make of his putting during a moment. Woods did contend following that his final skip on a 18th immature wasn’t a bad cadence though a misread. Pretty certain he knows a greens during Augusta flattering well, so we’ve got that going for us, that is nice.
· Hats off to Beersy. What a approach to announce yourself, staring down Tiger Freaking Woods like that. (Second TFW drop. You can tell it’s been a prolonged day.) The man only wouldn’t go away, and thereafter done it transparent he wasn’t going to go divided with a eagle during 16 and a birdie during 17. A lot of guys have blinked looking Tiger in a eyes, generally in compare play. Lucas Bjerregaard did not.
· Another non-Tiger note, I’m still not certain I’ve processed what happened with Rory McIlroy on 16 this morning. Standing in that fairway, we was resolutely of a faith that Rory was holding a hole and pulling a compare even. Instead …
RORY WHAT ARE YOU DOING
— Tiger Tracker (@GCTigerTracker) March 30, 2019
· It’s only not mostly that we see a actor of Rory’s size warp down like that. He refused to pronounce about it afterwards, and thereafter apologized for floating off a media. Rory’s talked about not vouchsafing what happens on a march impact who he is off it. Well, it certain as heck got to him for a slightest a few minutes. Frankly, it would have been weirder if he was all fever and rainbows. Get mad, Irish Kid, come back, and let’s do it again.
· You know, and we never contend this, maybe Lav’s right:
Been meditative about this all day. There’s a reason because roughly each other vital sports joining has a brief cool-off period. Golf needs one, too––it’d advantage both actor and media. https://t.co/hatmOwhhcm
— Ryan Lavner (@RyanLavnerGC) March 31, 2019
Rory wasn’t in any mood to be asked questions, and Tiger postulated about a notation of accessibility to reporters on his approach to a parking lot. Multiple times in a four-question session, Tiger mentioned that he hadn’t had a lot of time to consider about things, saying, “I only got off a golf course,” and “I need to ease down a little.” I’m really not here to tell we that football or basketball coaches are definitely expository after losses, though a Match Play did exhibit how tough it can be to contend a pissed-off of pro immediately after a tough out.
· Where do we go from here? To Augusta. But first, Sixth Street. Austin, here we come.