COLLEGE STATION, Texas– The No. 5 Texas AM men’s tennis organisation takes on No. 7 Mississippi State for a 2018 SEC Championships Friday dusk during a George P Mitchell Tennis Center. The Aggies (18-4, 10-0) and Bulldogs (16-1, 10-0) are set to face off during 6:00 p.m. with a leader claiming during slightest a share of a title.
The Aggies are looking to repeat as SEC Champions after pity a 2017 pretension with Georgia, AM also common a 2015 prize with Georgia. In further to a twin unchanging deteriorate titles, a Maroon White warranted a 2014 and 2015 SEC Tournament title.
Texas AM earnings to movement after claiming back-to-back 6-1 victories final weekend opposite No. 9 Florida and South Carolina. Jordi Arconada and Juan Carlos Aguilar warranted this week’s SEC Men’s Tennis honors, after their efforts opposite a Gators and Gamecocks. Arconada was named a Co-SEC Player of a Week alongside Ryo Matsumura of Kentucky while Aguilar prisoner his third SEC Freshman of a Week fame of a year.
Mississippi State comes to city with usually one cut on their record, a 4-1 reversal to Oklahoma State during a ITA Kick Off Weekend in Starkville during a finish of January. The Bulldogs are led by No. 3 Nuno Borges, No. 19 Giovanni Oradini and No. 78 Strahinja Rakic in a ITA singles rankings, while they also enroll a contingent of ranked doubles teams headlined by No. 42 Borges and Rakic.
Fans are reminded that ubiquitous acknowledgment to tennis matches this year are free. Fans incompetent to make it out a Mitchell Tennis Center can follow Sunday’s compare online during 12thMan.com/livetennis , live video and live scoring will be available.
Visit 12thMan.com for some-more information on Texas AM men’s tennis. Aggie fans also can keep adult to date with a AM men’s tennis organisation on Twitter by following @AggieMTEN or on Facebook during Facebook.com/AggieMensTennis.
Texas AM closes out a unchanging deteriorate with comparison day scheduled for Sunday opposite Auburn during 12 p.m. during a Mitchell Tennis Center.
STEP IN STAND UP
In support of inhabitant Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) in April, Texas AM men’s tennis has partnered with a Student-Athlete Advisory Committee to horde a “Step In Stand Up” compare to lift recognition about passionate assault on Friday.
Participation in a university-wide “Step In Stand Up” debate underscores Texas AM Athletics’ joining to discharge these crimes that are an emanate on college campuses nationwide. The debate encourages students, expertise and staff to step in and assistance forestall acts of passionate violence, while station adult for survivors. The Aggies will wear teal accents, as teal is a designated tone for Sexual Assault Awareness.
Student-athletes and advocates will collect donations for a Sexual Assault Resource Center of Brazos Valley (SARC) during a match. Teal promotional giveaways are scheduled supposing by a Step In Stand Up debate and educational materials will be supposing by SARC and a Office of CLEAR (Consensual Language, Education, Awareness, and Relationships).
THE MAROON WHITE
– Texas AM earnings 6 lettermen from final year’s patrol that modernized to a NCAA Round of 16 and finished a deteriorate ranked No. 12 in a ITA Rankings.
– Highlighting a organisation of returners is comparison Arthur Rinderknech, a Frenchman warranted singles and doubles All-America honors for a second true year, a initial Aggie to accomplish that attainment given Austin Krajicek did in 2010 and 2011. Rinderknech looks to turn a initial Aggie to acquire a contingent of singles All-American honors.
– Also returning this deteriorate will be Jordi Arconada, AJ Catanzariti, Kevin Lam and Valentin Vacherot. Arconada (60), Catanzariti (48) and Rinderknech (62) contain one of a many flashy comparison classes in module story as all 3 are on gait to finish their career in a top-25 for twin compare singles victories (Brett Joelson, 2004-07, and Blake Arrant, 1993-1996, tie for 25th during 53 singles wins).
– Joining a gifted organisation of returnees are a party of gifted beginner including a Nation’s No. 1 partisan in Patrick Kypson, general blue-chip partisan in Barnaby Smith, 2016 US Open Junior Doubles Champion in Juan Carlos Aguilar and 2017 USTA Texas Grand Slam leader Pranav Kumar.
2018 ORACLE/ITA DIVISION we MEN’S NATIONAL RANKINGS
– The Aggies are one of 5 schools with 5 players listed in a latest singles rankings. Leading a assign for a Aggies is No. 6 Patrick Kypson followed by No. 10 Arthur Rinderknech, No. 41 Jordi Arconada, No. 52 Valentin Vacherot and No. 105 Juan Carols Aguilar.
– In a doubles check a Aggies are one of 3 schools with during slightest 4 tandems ranked, led by No. 8 Arconada and Aguilar. Arconada is ranked No. 57 alongside youth Kevin Lam. Rinderknech and Kypson warranted their fifth true doubles ranking as a pair, entrance in during No. 48 after earning a top-10 win during a ITA National Team Indoor Championships in their initial compare as a duo, commanding then-No. 5 McClain Kessler and Duarte Vale of Florida. Senior AJ Catanzariti and Vacherot warranted their second-straight ranking as a pair, entrance in during No. 89 this week.
– Kypson’s No. 6 ranking is a career-high, after earning a ranking in any of a final 6 polls. The beginner is 11-6 this open with 10 of his wins opposite ranked opponents. The double-digit ranked wins matches a organisation lead with Rinderknech and Arconada.
– The No. 52 ranking for Vacherot is a eighth true ranking for a sophomore. Vacherot modernized to a satisfaction final during a ITA All-American Championship final tumble in Tulsa, Okla., including wins over 3 ranked foes, including a integrate ranked players from then-No. 4 Georgia.
– Arconada pennyless into a polls 4 times as a beginner in 2016, reaching as high as No. 67 and was ranked in 8 of a 12 rankings final open with a high of No. 42 on Apr 18. Arconada has been among a ranked for 16 true polls, with a career-high No. 36 ranking this fall.
– Aguilar changed into a rankings for a initial time in his collegiate career final week, a right-hander is 3-0 opposite ranked foes this year and binds an considerable 8-1 record in SEC matches.
– The No. 8 ranking for Arconada and Aguilar is a seventh true and second top-10 ranking for a duo, reaching as high as No. 6 in a Feb. 7 rankings. Arconada reached as high as No. 29 as a beginner in 2016 alongside Max Lunkin.
– Lam’s ranking of No. 58 alongside Arconada is a seventh true ranking of a junior’s career, a ranking came on a heels of an considerable ITA Regional display during a George P. Mitchell Tennis Center as they modernized to a finals final fall.
– Arconada, Catanzariti and Rinderknech contain one of a many achieved comparison classes in module history. The contingent have been a partial of 89 twin compare victories, twin SEC Championships, one SEC Tournament pretension and a outing to a NCAA Championship Round of Eight.
– Arconada had one of a longest win streaks in module story a year ago, winning an rare 18 true matches. During a strain Arconada rose from unranked into a ITA top-50 after besting 5 ranked opponents. Arconada’s 60 singles wins changed him into 20th on Texas AM career singles wins list.
– Catanzariti warranted All-American honors a deteriorate ago in doubles alongside classmate Arthur Rinderknech. The Pittsburgh local has paced a Aggies in doubles wins twice in his 3 seasons in Aggieland (19 wins in 2015 and 13 wins in 2017). The right-hander needs 6 singles wins to pierce into a career singles wins top-25.
– Rinderknech enters his final open as one of a country’s best players, earning a career-best No. 4 ranking in a tumble and being among a ranked singles players in 33 rankings over a past 4 seasons. The Paris, France local changed into a top-25 for singles wins in module story during 62 and already stands during No. 16 on a career doubles attainment list. Rinderknech looks to stand a doubles list this open as he is usually 6 wins from a top-10.
– Sophomore Valentin Vacherot incited in a noted beginner debate after relating Arconada for a organisation lead in singles victories a year ago. The Frenchman stormed by his initial collegiate season, earning All-SEC Second Team and All-Freshman organisation honors final spring.
– Vacherot corroborated adult his initial twin deteriorate with an considerable tumble showing, earning a place in a 2017 Oracle ITA National Fall Championships after advancing to a 2017 ITA Men’s All-American Championship satisfaction final in Tulsa. The sophomore leads a Aggies with 9 contest wins this tumble and warranted a career-high No. 10 singles rankings entering a open season.
– Vacherot and Rinderknech are initial cousins from France, a twin featured alongside any other final open 5 times on a doubles court, earning a span of victories.
– Texas AM’s 2017 signing category was one of a many flashy groups in module history. The Aggie category includes a resources of general knowledge and a Texas state champion from a year ago. The category consists of Juan Carlos Aguilar, Patrick Kypson, Pranav Kumar and Barnaby Smith.
– Aguilar warranted a 2016 US Open Doubles Championship, claiming 5 wins including a span over seeded opponents en track to a prestigious contest title. The doubles standout warranted a career-high Junior ITF ranking of 23 in Oct of 2016 and featured for Bolivia in a Davis Cup final year.
– Kypson noted a initial time in module story that a nation’s No. 1 partisan sealed with Texas AM. The chosen youth reached as high as No. 672 in a ATP World Tour rankings and No. 18 in a ITF World Junior Rankings. The right-hander played in a contingent of Junior Grand Slams final year, including advancing to a semifinals during Wimbledon.
– Smith, from High Wycombe, Great Britain, warranted a career-high No. 62 World Junior ITF ranking and played in all 4 Junior Grand Slams final year, earning wins during Wimbledon, French Open and Australian Open.
– Kumar stormed by a installed margin to explain a 2017 USTA Texas Grand Slam Championship final Jun during a Eager Tennis Center on a campus of Abilene Christian University. The Plano. Texas local was ranked as high as a No. 3 awaiting in a state of Texas by tennisrecruiting.net.
DENTON’S 12TH YEAR AT THE HELM
– The Aggies have won during slightest 20 matches in any of a final 4 seasons underneath conduct manager Steve Denton and 6 times in his 11-year tenure. Four times during a final decade, Texas AM has strike a 25-win mark, winning 25 in 2010, 29 in 2011, 25 in 2014 and 27 in 2016.
– Texas AM has had a doubles tandem acquire All-America honors in any of a past 5 seasons. Catanzariti and Rinderknech warranted a Top-8 seed in final year’s Doubles Championship to indurate their All-American standing for 2017. Two years ago, Jackson Withrow and Rinderknech achieved a attainment after advancing to a Doubles Championship finals.
– The Aggies have done 24-straight appearances in a NCAA Tournament, hosting a initial and second turn for a past 5 seasons.
– Texas AM was ranked in Top-25 in 14 of a 15 rankings published final open and 83 of a final 85 polls, dating behind to Jan. 22, 2013. The Maroon White entered a open ranked No. 7, their tip ranking to open a open deteriorate given earning a No. 5 ranking tip open a 2016 season.