Top 10 Active Driver Ratings during Phoenix
Jimmie Johnson…………………… 111.0
Kevin Harvick……………………… 110.3
Chase Elliott……………………….. 107.9
Kyle Busch…………………………… 99.7
Kurt Busch…………………………… 97.0
Denny Hamlin……………………….. 95.1
Brad Keselowski……………………. 94.1
Kyle Larson………………………….. 92.7
Joey Logano…………………………. 92.0
Erik Jones……………………………. 91.9
Note: Driver Ratings gathered from 2005-2017 races (25 total) among active drivers during Phoenix Raceway.
· Construction was finished in Jan 1964. The trickery consisted of a one-mile oval and a 2.5-mile highway course.
· Alan Kulwicki won a initial Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series competition during Phoenix on Nov. 6, 1988.
· The initial open competition was hold on Apr 23, 2005 and also a initial night race, that was won by Kurt Busch.
· The lane underwent a initial repave in 2011. The construction began in Mar and resolved in Sep of that year.
· The following changes were done during a construction duration (March – Sept., 2011):
o Widened a frontstretch from 52 to 62 feet
o Reconfigured array highway with a designation of petrify array stalls
o Pushed a dog-leg bend between Turn 2 and Turn 3 out 95 feet
o Tightened a spin radius of a dog-leg from 800 to 500 feet
o Implemented non-static banking to safeguard a evident use of dual racing grooves, including 10-11 grade banking between Turn 1 and Turn 2; 10-11 grade banking in a peak of a dog-leg; and 8-9 grade banking in Turn 4.
· There have been 42 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races during Phoenix Raceway, one per deteriorate from 1988-2004 and dual any deteriorate since.
· 211 drivers have competed in during slightest one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series competition during Phoenix; 156 in some-more than one.
· Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon lead a Monster Enerdy NASCAR Cup Series in starts during Phoenix with 34 each.
· Ryan Newman leads all active drivers in a MENCS with 29 starts during Phoenix.
· Kyle Larson (seven starts) leads a array in normal starting position with a 6.714 during Phoenix.
· There have been 23 opposite MENCS Coors Light stick winners, led by Ryan Newman with four.
· Geoffrey Bodine won a initial MENCS stick during Phoenix in 1988 during a speed of 123.203 mph (29.220 sec.) in a Chevrolet.
· Youngest Phoenix stick winner: Kyle Busch (4/22/06 – 20 years, 11 months, 20 days).
· Oldest Phoenix stick winner: Mark Martin (03/03/13 – 54 years, 1 month, 22 days).
· Ryan Newman, Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards are a usually drivers to win uninterrupted poles during Phoenix. Newman won 3 true (2002-04), Gordon won a tumble of 2006 and a open of 2007. Edwards won a tumble of 2010 and open of 2011.
· Four drivers have won their initial career MENCS stick during Phoenix Raceway: Casey Atwood (October 2001), Denny Hamlin (November, 2005), AJ Allmendinger (April, 2010) and Alex Bowman (November, 2016).
· 24 opposite Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers have won during Phoenix Raceway.
· Kevin Harvick leads a array in wins during Phoenix with 8 victories (’06 open competition and Playoff race, ’12 Playoff race, ’13 Playoff race, ’14 open competition and Playoff race, ’15 open competition and ’16 open race).
· This weekend during Phoenix Raceway, Kevin Harvick can turn a ninth motorist to have won 9 or some-more times during a singular track.
· Nine drivers have mixed wins during Phoenix: Kevin Harvick leads a array in wins with 8 followed by Jimmie Johnson (four), Davey Allison (two), Jeff Burton (two), Dale Earnhardt Jr. (two), Jeff Gordon (two) Carl Edwards (two), Mark Martin (two) and Ryan Newman (two).
· Of a 9 drivers with mixed wins during Phoenix Raceway, Mark Martin is a usually motorist to win in dual opposite manufacturers: Ford (1993) and Chevrolet (2009).
· Five drivers have won uninterrupted races during Phoenix: Davey Allison (1991,1992); Jeff Burton (2000, 2001); Dale Earnhardt Jr. (2003, 2004); Kevin Harvick (swept 2006) and (2013 playoff race, swept 2014 and ’15 open race); Jimmie Johnson (fall 2007, swept 2008).
· Hendrick Motorsports leads a array in wins during Phoenix with 10, followed by Roush Fenway Racing with seven.
· Five of a 42 (11.9%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races during Phoenix have been won from a Coors Light pole: Jeff Gordon (spring 2007), Jimmie Johnson (Playoff 2008), Mark Martin (spring 2009), Carl Edwards (Playoff 2010) and Kevin Harvick (spring 2015).
· Eight of a 42 (19%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races during Phoenix have been won from a front row: 5 from a stick and 3 from second-place.
· 21 of a 42 (50%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races during Phoenix have been won from a starting position inside a tip 10.
· 21 of a 42 (50%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races during Phoenix have been won from a starting position outward a tip 10.
· 4 of a 42 (7.3%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races during Phoenix have been won from a starting position outward a tip 20 – many recent: progressing this season, Ryan Newman started 22nd.
· Ricky Rudd won a 1995 Phoenix competition from a 29th-place starting position, a farthest behind a competition leader has started.
· Matt Kenseth won a 2002 competition from a 28th-place starting position, a farthest behind an active competition leader has started.
· Alan Kulwicki (11/6/1988) and Bobby Hamilton (10/27/1996) are a usually dual drivers to post their initial Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series career win during Phoenix Raceway.
· 22 of a 24 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers who have won during Phoenix participated in during slightest dual or some-more races before visiting Victory Lane. Alan Kulwicki (11/6/1988) and Tony Stewart (11/7/1999) are a usually dual drivers to win during Phoenix in their initial appearance.
· Jeff Gordon and Joey Logano competed during Phoenix Raceway 16 times before winning; a longest camber of any a 24 winners.
· Six drivers have done 10 or some-more attempts before their initial win during Phoenix: Jeff Gordon (16), Joey Logano (16), Ryan Newman (15), Kasey Kahne (14), Denny Hamlin (13), Carl Edwards (12) and Rusty Wallace (11).
· Jamie McMurray leads a array (active drivers) with a many Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts during Phoenix but visiting Victory Lane with 28.
· Youngest Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Phoenix Raceway winner: Kyle Busch (11/13/2005 – 20 years, 6 months, 11 days).
· Oldest Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Phoenix Raceway winner: Mark Martin (04/18/2009 – 50 years, 3 months, 9 days).
Additional Finishing Positions
· Mark Martin leads a array in runner-up finishes during Phoenix with five; followed by Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart with 3 each.
· Jimmie Johnson leads a array in top-five finishes during Phoenix with 15; followed by Kevin Harvick (13), Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon with 12 each.
· Jeff Gordon leads a array in top-10 finishes during Phoenix with 24, followed by Mark Martin with 21. Jimmie Johnson leads all active drivers with 20; followed by Kevin Harvick with 18.
· Alan Kulwicki (five starts) leads a array in normal finishing position during Phoenix with a 5.200.
· Jimmie Johnson (28 starts) leads all active drivers in normal finishing position during Phoenix with a 8.964.
· Jimmie Johnson (8.964), Chase Elliott (9.667) and Kevin Harvick (9.879) are a usually 3 active drivers with normal finishes inside a tip 10.
Track / Event Specific Stats
· Since a appearance of electronic scoring (1993), a closest domain of feat in a MENCS during Phoenix was early final deteriorate (03/13/16) when Kevin Harvick kick Carl Edwards to a line by 0.010 seconds.
· Three drivers have won during Phoenix and a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series championship in a same season: Jimmie Johnson (2007, 2008 brush and 2009); Dale Earnhardt (1990); Kevin Harvick (2014).
· Four ideal Driver Ratings of 150.0 have been available during Phoenix, Kurt Busch in Apr of 2005 and Kevin Harvick in Nov of 2006, Nov 2014 and Mar 2015.
· Qualifying has never been cancelled due to continue during Phoenix International Raceway.
· Of a 42 races during Phoenix 7 have finished with NASCAR Overtime.
· Only dual of a 42 MENCS races during Phoenix have been condensed due to weather.
· Danica Patrick is a usually womanlike motorist who has done a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start during Phoenix Raceway.
NASCAR in Arizona
· There have been 107 NASCAR inhabitant array races among 4 marks in Arizona.
· 33 drivers in NASCAR inhabitant array story have their home state available as Arizona.
· Of a 33 Arizona drivers, usually dual have won a NASCAR inhabitant array competition – Michael McDowell (Phoenix) won a NXS competition during Road America in 2016 and Alex Bowman (Tucson) won a NXS competition during Charlotte Motor Speedway progressing this season.
— NASCAR —