Shaq uses a shining analogy to uncover immature people how billionaires conduct their money

<!– –>


VISIT CNBC.COM


Money

5 Hours Ago



Shaquille O'Neal's income recommendation to immature people


Basketball gymnasium of famer Shaquille O’Neal is a initial to acknowledge that when it comes to handling money, he’s “done a lot of things wrong.”

After all, when Shaq was a 20-year-old, he blew by $1 million in an hour.

“I went by a lot of trials and tribulations. A lot of failures,” he tells CNBC’s Bob Pisani during BITG’s Charity Day. But today, a late contestant has done a name for himself as a successful financier and businessman.

Shaquille 'Shaq' O'Neal

If O’Neal could give his younger self one square of income advice, it’s a same thing he would tell immature people currently who are entrance into money. And he sums it adult with a shining analogy:

“Alright children,” he says, after seeking Pisani for a vacant square of paper. “This is $100,” he continues, motioning to a paper. “What we wish to do is, we wish to slice a $100 in half.”

Take one half and “save it. Don’t ever hold it. Put it away. Don’t even demeanour during it. Now you’ve got $50 left. Now, a intelligent people … a billionaires of a world, they’ll take half of that $50 and put all that away,” he says, while adding another entertain of a square of paper to a “save pile.”

“This right here,” he says of a remaining quarter, is your fun money: “You wish to buy houses, we wish to buy cars, we wish to buy planes, we wish to travel? This right here is what we have fun with.”

In short, O’Neal recommends saving and investing 75 percent of your gain for retirement and other long-term goals, and vital off a remaining 25 percent.

“A man taught me that a prolonged time ago, and it’s been operative for me,” he tells Pisani.

Like this story? Like CNBC Make It on Facebook!

Don’t miss: Shaq once gave a server a $4,000 tip—here’s how he decides how most to leave



Shaquille 'Shaq' O'Neal.


Kathleen Elkins

a:after {content: “203A”;font-size:1.25em;margin-left:1px;font-family:”Gotham Narrow Ssm 4r”}
@media shade and (max-width: 600px){
.video-wrapper {display: inline-block;width: 47%;}
}
@media shade and (max-width: 530px){
.wildcard .prime_promo_module {margin: 20px 10px!important;}
.wildcard .prime_promo_module .sourceName.top a {font-size: 14px;}
.video-wrapper { display: inline-block;width: 100%;}
.poster-wrapper {max-width: 100%;}
.video-info {margin-left: 0px;width: 100%;max-width: 530px;}
.prime_promo_module i.fa.fa-video {font-size: 3.5em;margin: 55px 105px;}
.prime_promo_module .top{margin:0px;}
body[id*=makeit] .show-name.top a {font-size: 14px;}
h3.content-title {font-size: 22px;line-height: 26px;}
.immersive essay .tuneIn p {font-size: 15px;}
}
]]>


Playing

Share this video…

Watch Next…

Posted in
Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
short link time2sports.com/?p=14292.