PITTSBURGH, PA – The Penguins have back-to-back Stanley Cup championships, though a authorization is usually a 10th many profitable authorization in a National Hockey League.
Forbes has expelled a annual NHL valuations, and for a third true deteriorate a New York Rangers are a league’s many profitable franchise. The Rangers, who kick a Penguins 4-3 Tuesday, are value $1.5 billion.
In a form of a Pens, Forbes placed some-more stress on a team’s disaster so distant to redevelop a aged Civic Arena site than a new run of Stanley Cups.
“The team’s genuine estate plan surrounding PPG Paints Arena is relocating along during a snail’s pace.,” Forbes noted. “In November, a Penguins narrowly won a bid to get some-more time to redevelop a former locus site though a conflict might not be over. In a 3-2 vote, a Pittsburgh Urban Redevelopment Authority house authorized a understanding to give a group another year.”
Although a Penguins usually ranked 10th in valuation, there’s no need to empathize co-owners Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle.
The Pens are still value $56 million some-more than a NHL authorization normal of $594 million, and a authorization has appreciated by $543 million given Lemieux and Burkle purchased a group out of failure for $107 million in 1999.
The 10 many profitable NHL franchises:
- 1. New York Rangers: $1,5 billion
- 2. Toronto Maple Leafs $1.4 billion
- 3. Montreal Canadiens: $1.25 billion
- 4. Chicago Blackhawks: $1 billion
- 5. Boston Bruins: $890 million
- 6. Los Angeles Kings: $750 million
- 7. Philadelphia Flyers $740 million
- 8. Vancouver Canucks $730 million
- 9. Detroit Red Wings $700 million
- 10. Penguins: $650 million
Photo: Associated Press.