For a 7th true year, we’ll hang adult a Padres deteriorate articulate about a players’ milestones. Milestones, for those that haven’t participated before, are about Padres players environment joining (rare) or career (somewhat rare) records, relocating adult a Padres authorization leaderboards, or reaching large turn numbers in certain important statistics. Back in April, we previewed a Padres deteriorate in milestones by looking during ones that were expected to happen. You can go check that out first if we want. A arrange of side outcome of looking during a year in stats for a Padres group also tends to be a final event to conclude and contend goodbye to players that are no longer with a club. We will cover a few of those players including Andrew Cashner and a lead off male for this post: Matt Kemp.
Matt Kemp, OF
- 5000 ABs: Kemp indeed reached this not-so-sexy miracle before withdrawal a Padres. Did we skip a fanfare? lol.
- 1500 Hits: A good miracle for Kemp, yet he belatedly reached it with a Braves after a trade.
- Home Runs: With 20 dingers for a Friars this season, Kemp tied Ruben Rivera for 30th in authorization story with 46 homers.
- Runs Batted In: With a good 69 RBI, Kemp tied Bip Roberts for 30th on a authorization RBI list with 169 of them.
Wil Myers, 1B
- 1000 ABs and 1000 PAs: Hopefully this won’t be a final time Myers reaches 4 total in a statistics during his Padres tenure.
- 160 Strikeouts: we unequivocally suspicion final year that Justin Upton would simply set a Padres singular deteriorate strikeout record, yet it incited out that it was a year after with Wil Myers that Mike Cameron’s 2008 record would be equaled. Still not damaged though. Seems like it’s usually a matter of time before someone does it.
- 28 HRs, 94 RBI and 99 Runs Scored: Myers had a good year, and these numbers should be applauded. They all got into a tip 50 on a Padres singular seasons, yet weren’t ones that got him into any tip 10s. HRs tied 1997 Steve Finley for 22nd. RBIs are partial of a 4 approach tie for 28th. Runs was good adequate for 16th.
Yangervis Solarte, 3B
- Runs Batted In: Solarte finished 2016 with 64 RBI for his Padres career. That put him a 3 approach tie with Mike Ivie and Ozzie Smith for 45th.
- Home Runs: With 33 turn trippers Solarte changed into a tie with Chris Denorfia and Carlos Quentin for 46th place.
- 5000 At Bats and 2000 Total Bases: Both happened with a Padres.
- 300 Stolen Bases: He got many of a approach there with a Padres, yet his final 9 with a Jays got him all a approach to a even 300.
- Stolen Bases: Melvin’s 29 swipes in (20 in 2016, 9 in 2015) helped him amass adequate to tie Marvell Wynne for 43rd on a authorization list.
- 200 Games and 100 Games Started: Both finished adult removing achieved after being traded to a Marlins.
- Top 15 ERA: Sadly, Cashner used to be a tip 10 in ERA before a deteriorate and was tip 5 in ERA before 2015. He finished tied with Mark Thurmond for 15th with a 3.67 ERA for his Padres career.
- Top 15 WHIP: In this category, Cashner indeed finished accurately where he started a year during #14 with a 1.272 WHIP.
- Top 20 Strikeouts: Cashner usually hardly got over 500 strikeouts, finishing with 505. That was good adequate to finish 16th in authorization history. He upheld Steve Arlin, Tim Lollar, Dave Dravecky, Greg Harris, Andy Hawkins and Chris Young along a approach this year.
- Top 2 Singles Season Games Pitched: Brad Hand was such a favorite of Andy Green that his 82 games pitched is second usually to Craig Lefferts’ 83 games in 1986.
- Top 10 Single Season ERA: Pomeranz’ 2.47 ERA stands as a 9th best singular deteriorate ERA in authorization history.
- Top 10 Single Season WHIP: Drew’s 1.059 WHIP will lay as a 7th best sinlge deteriorate WHIP in authorization history.
- Top 2 Single Season Strikeouts/9 IP: The lefty hurler’s strikeout potency during 10.147 K/9 was second usually to Oliver Perez’ 2003 season.
- Top Single Season Hits/9 IP: we don’t routinely discuss this category, yet given it was a best symbol in bar story during 5.912, it seemed value indicating out.
- 250 Saves: The arrow shooter finished a deteriorate with 261 saves and given 17 of his 25 saves this deteriorate came with a Padres, he crossed a 250 save miracle while still with a San Diego club.
- Top 15 Saves: 17 saves is still good adequate for 15th place in authorization history.