On Wednesday, Discovery Channel expelled a initial promo for a many expected man-against-beast foe given Takeru Kobayashi mislaid a hot-dog-eating competition to a Kodiak bear. And, man, is there a lot going on.
The large takeaways:
- Michael Phelps’ much-hyped competition opposite a good white shark for Discovery’s annual Shark Week will be called “Phelps vs Shark: The Battle for Ocean Supremacy.” (Michael Phelps has never raced in a ocean.)
- Phelps can wear a full-body swimsuit and, apparently, flippers. Because sharks are a lot faster than a world’s greatest-ever swimmer.
- Phelps will spasmodic detonate out of a H2O like a wannabe synchronized swimmer. Maybe he is entrance behind for a 2020 Games, after all.
- This shark, or during slightest a one we see in a promo, is hungry.
- There will be thinking looks out during a horizon, where a sharks are.
- The acronym conflict here needs some work. Everyone on a internet knows what a “GOAT” is. The people who explain to know what “GWS” stands for contend it’s not “great white shark.” Let’s not make GWS a thing.
- There competence be a live studio audience. we did not get an invitation.
- One gambling website gives Phelps a 21 percent chance of violence a shark. “Probably for a initial time ever, Phelps is an underdog,” a orator said. “This was ideal event for betting. So we did.”
This is all so ludicrous. Watch it Jul 23.