Syracuse (30-30) 3, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (33-25) 1 Box Score
- Ruben Tejada 3B: 1-for-4, R, .357/.439/.482
- Luis Guillorme 2B: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI, K, .289/.421/.386
- Matt Kemp LF: 1-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, .267/.313/.367
The Mets offense was singular to usually 3 hits in Friday night’s game, though still managed to pull opposite 3 runs and secure a victory. Kemp had a large strike in this game, removing a Mets on a house right divided with a dual run homer in a initial inning. This was Kemp’s initial home run given fasten a Mets organization. Syracuse would never relinquish this lead, though they would supplement an word run on Guillorme’s double in a ninth inning.
- RHP Chris Flexen (W, 4-2, 3.59 ERA) 6.0 IP, 3 H, ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- RHP Stephen Nogosek (2-0, 0.00 ERA) 1.2 IP, 2 H, BB, 3 K
- RHP Paul Sewald (S, 2-1, 3.60 ERA) 0.1 IP, K
Flexen pitched good for Syracuse, with this start representing usually a second time this deteriorate he has authorised one run or reduction in a start (not including an shortened start that he left due to damage after 3 batters). It is rather engaging that he had such good formula notwithstanding distinguished out a season-low 4 batters. He did have some defensive assistance with Tejada and Dilson Herrera turning a triple play in a fourth inning. Nogosek continues to reemerge as one of a Mets’ tip reliever prospect, as he has still not authorised a run in 9.0 Triple-A innings. For a season, between Double-A and Triple-A, Nogosek has a 0.64 ERA, nonetheless his 29:15 isn’t utterly as spectacular.
Hartford (35-24) 8, Binghamton (31-24) 4 Box Score
- Jason Krizan RF: 2-for-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, .230/. 317/.413
- Luis Carpio SS: 1-for-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 K, .222/.340/.370
- Quinn Brodey CF: 1-for-4, K, .083/.143/.083
The Rumble Ponies sparse eleven hits in this game, 4 of that went for additional bases, though were usually means to measure 4 runs. Krizan had a large game, that featured his sixth home run of a season, and has been superb recently. Following a awful April, in that he strike usually .119/.178/.143, Krizan has posted an OPS north of .900 in both May and Jun and has walked some-more than he has struck out. Carpio has achieved good in his singular time in Double-A; he has seen both his image fortify and energy numbers urge following his promotion. Still usually 21 years aged for a subsequent month, a fact that Carpio is 3.2 years younger than a normal actor in a joining creates his opening even some-more impressive.
- RHP Harol Gonzalez (3-1, 3.27 ERA) 6.0 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, BB, 8 K
- RHP Joe Zanghi (L, 2-1, 1.96 ERA) 0.2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, BB, K
- LHP Jake Simon (0-0, 6.75 ERA) 1.1 IP, 2 H, ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Gonzalez has had an engaging start to his 2019 season. His ERA and K:BB ratio are, by far, a best they’ve been given his 2016 deteriorate with Brooklyn and he continues to go low into games (with 83 pitches on Friday night, he expected would have left deeper into this diversion had he not been pulled for a splash hitter).
However, rather amazingly, notwithstanding permitting usually 20 warranted runs all season, with 3 home runs authorised in this start, Gonzalez has authorised twelve home runs in usually 55.0 innings pitched. This is a same series of batters he has walked unintentionally and is already three-quarters of a approach to his career high of 16.
Overall, it has been a earnest start to a deteriorate for Gonzalez, though he has to find a approach to keep a round in a yard. Simon was creation his Double-A entrance after pitching solidly in 4 games for Columbia. It will be engaging to see if he stays with Binghamton or is sent behind down to Columbia or St. Lucie following this outing.
Lakeland (27-33) 2, St. Lucie (30-30) 0 Box Score
- Brandon Nimmo DH: 0-for-3, BB, K, ,286/.375/.571
- Yoel Romero 1B: 2-for-3, K, .444/.444/.444
- Blake Tiberi 3B: 1-for-2, BB, K, .280/.354/.380
The Mets had probably no offense in this diversion as they were hold to usually 3 singles and 4 walks. Nimmo was personification in his second rehab diversion as he attempts to lapse from a neck damage and, once again, was a designated hitter. With a walk, Carlos Cortes extended his on-base strain to thirteen games.
- RHP Kyle Wilson (L, 3-7, 4.53 ERA) 6.2 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 4 K
- RHP Marcel Renteria (0-2, 7.52 ERA) 1.1 IP, 2 H, BB, K
Wilson had one of his best starts of a deteriorate and was intensely efficient, wanting usually 89 pitches to get dual outs into a seventh inning. Unfortunately, his shutout was damaged adult with a two-run home run in a seventh, though this is still really a start on that to build. One of Wilson’s biggest issues this deteriorate has been an inability to consistently skip bats, as evidenced by his dump in strikeouts from final deteriorate (59 in 2018 compared to 34 in 2019, both in 53.2 innings pitched).
Columbia (23-36) vs. Hickory (38-22)
The Fireflies’ diversion opposite a Crawdads was deferred due to rain. The diversion will be done adult as partial of a doubleheader on Jun 8.
DSL Phillies White (5-1) 3, DSL Mets2 (4-2) 2 Box Score
- Cesar Berbesi SS: 2-for-4, R, 2 K, .304/.360/.304
- Omar De Los Santos CF: 2-for-4, 2B, .217/.379/.391
There wasn’t most offense in this diversion for a Mets, with a lineup mixing for usually 6 hits and fourteen sum strikeouts. Both runs scored on furious pitches.
- RHP Edinson Diaz (0-0, 2.79 ERA) 5.0 IP, 7 H 2 R, ER, BB
- RHP Antonio Villalba (1-0, 0.00 ERA) 2.2 IP, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Melvin Arteaga (L, 1-1, 0.00 ERA) 0.2 IP, H, R, BB, K
Diaz has not struck out a singular beat in possibly of his initial dual starts of a deteriorate (9.2 innings pitched). Villalba has pitched 7 scoreless innings to start his season.