8:00 PM ET | Target Center
Radio: ESPN 98.7 FM
1. The Knicks fell brief in a double overtime thriller conflicting a Bulls on Wednesday night. Kristaps Porzingis saved New York in law with a hit on Lauri Markkanen and he kick a buzzer with a one-handed impact in a initial overtime though Chicago squeaked past a Knicks in a final duration of play to record a 122-119 win. Michael Beasley returned from a one-game deficiency (sprained ankle) to measure a team-high 26 points off a bench. He also snagged 12 play and 5 on a descent glass. Porzingis posted 24 points, Jarrett Jack delivered a throw-back triple-double, and Courtney Lee sunk 4-of-5 shots from downtown.
2. Tim Hardaway Jr. has missed 20 games with a highlight damage to his reduce leg. The good news is a inclusive sharpened ensure has been a full member in a Knicks use sessions this week and a lapse to a building could be entrance soon. Hardaway Jr. is listed as controversial for a competition conflicting Minnesota tonight and there’s an event for him to see justice time conflicting New Orleans on Sunday or a MLK Day diversion on Monday in Brooklyn.
3. New York done a poignant burst this deteriorate in several statistical categories. This year’s group is excelling in a potency dialect as it ranks No. 8 in a NBA in margin idea percentage. Jeff Hornacek’s bar has jumped 15 spots from a prior deteriorate as a Knicks are sharpened 46.5 percent from a floor. Enes Kanter, Kyle O’Quinn, and Michael Beasley are all sharpened above 52.2 percent for a year.
4. Two names during a tip of a 2015 NBA Draft will block off tonight in Minnesota. In 2015, Karl-Anthony Towns was comparison No. 1 altogether and New York used a fourth altogether collect on Porzingis. Both franchises are benefiting from a prolongation of a dual youngsters early in their careers and share identical fad for their destiny in a league. This season, Porzingis is averaging 23.7 points, 6.7 rebounds, and a league-best 2.3 blocks per game. On a conflicting side, Towns owns averages of 20.2 points, 11.9 boards, and 1.5 blocks. Tonight will symbol a fifth assembly between a dual players in their careers.
5. Arguably, a Wolves done a biggest offseason dash in a joining by trade for three-time All-Star Jimmy Butler. Tom Thibodeau snagged his defensive ace from a Bulls to span with Andrew Wiggins and Towns to form a group that figured to follow a mark in a postseason. Additionally, Thibodeau acquired Jeff Teague, Taj Gibson, and maestro Jamal Crawford to supplement depth. At a median of a season, Minnesota is 27-16 and 7-3 in a final 10 games with 3 true victories. Teague returned to a lineup on Wednesday after blank 7 games with a sprained MCL. The Wolves are a tip 5 group in descent rating and assist/turnover ratio entering tonight’s contest.