MATCH: Penguins vs. Blue Jackets
TIME: 7 p.m. EST
PLACE: Nationwide Arena
TV: ATT SportsNet
RADIO: 105.9 FM, a X
1. The Pens and Jackets are tied for a No. 2 seed in a Metro, a position that claims home-ice in a opening round. Both clubs have 96 points by 80 games played on a season, though Pittsburgh binds a tie-breaker advantage with 43 regulation/overtime wins to Columbus’ 39. A law win opposite a Jackets would safeguard that a Pens will finish forward of a Jackets. Pittsburgh’s sorcery array to do so is 4.
2. The Pens are also battling with Philadelphia and New Jersey for home-ice advantage in a First Round. A win in any conform tonight would safeguard that a Pens will finish forward of a Flyers. Pittsburgh’s sorcery array to finish a deteriorate forward of Philly is 2. Pittsburgh’s sorcery array to finish a deteriorate forward of New Jersey is 3. To finish a deteriorate forward of New Jersey, a Pens would need to win in any conform and a Devils would have to remove in any fashion.
In a simplest terms, tonight a Pens can close adult home-ice advantage in a First Round if they better Columbus in law and New Jersey loses to Toronto in any fashion.
3. The Pens are 3-0 so distant this deteriorate opposite Columbus and are looking to brush a array for a initial time given a 2013-14 season. A large reason for Pittsburgh’s success has been a energy play, that scored twice in any of their dual wins during home before not removing a power-play event on a road. Overall, a Pens are aiming during a authorization record for single-season power-play success rate. Right now it’s clicking during 25.9% and a bar record is 26%, set in 1995-96.
4. Tonight a Pens will face Ian Cole for a initial time given a defenseman was traded in a three-team understanding on Feb. 23 that brought Derick Brassard to Pittsburgh. A two-time Stanley Cup champion in Pittsburgh, Cole was a earthy participation on a blue line, restraint shots and murdering penalties while recording 59 points (9G-50A) in 218 unchanging deteriorate games.
5. The Pens will have their hands full with a Jackets’ tip line of Artemi Panarin, Pierre-Luc Dubois and Cam Atkinson, that has been boiling hot. Over a final 4 games, Dubois has scored 5 goals while Panarin has 11 points (2G-9A). Meanwhile, Atkinson enters this diversion on an 8-game indicate strain (7G-5A-12P).
PIT – Derick Brassard (lower-body), Carter Rowney (upper-body).
CBJ – Josh Anderson (knee), Lukas Sedlak (upper-body), Nick Foligno (lower-body), Markus Nutivaara (upper-body).
The Pens hold an discretionary morning movement during Nationwide Arena. Dumoulin, Schultz, Sheahan, Letang, Hagelin, Kessel and Crosby all took a choice not to skate. Brassard and Rowney were also absent.