Picking first: Washington Wizards
Their selection: Kwame Brown, forward/center, Glynn Academy High School
Arizona Wildcats selected:
- Richard Jefferson (1st round, 13th overall, Houston Rockets)
- Gilbert Arenas (2nd round, 30th overall, Golden State Warriors)
- Michael Wright (2nd round, 38th overall, New York Knicks)
- Loren Woods (2nd round, 45th overall, Minnesota Timberwolves)
They pronounced it: “I’ve seen a million things occur on breeze day, adequate to know not to be sitting, waiting, and awaiting a initial group we go to to be a group we are personification for,” pronounced Richard Jefferson, a usually one of a 4 UA draft-eligible players to go in a initial round.
In a NBA:
• Richard Jefferson, forward: In 17 seasons, 12.8 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 2.1 APG, 46.4 FG%, 37.7 3PT%, 76.8 FT%, 29.4 MPG, 2016 NBA champion, 2002 NBA All-Rookie second team.
• Gilbert Arenas, guard: In 11 seasons, 20.7 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 5.3 APG, 42.1 FG%, 35.1 3PT%, 80.3 FT%, 1.6 SPG, 35.1 MPG, three-time NBA All-Star, 2003 NBA Most Improved Player.
• Michael Wright, forward: Wright never played in a NBA game.
• Loren Woods, center: In 6 seasons, 2.6 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 0.3 APG, 41.9 FG%, 64.2 FT%, 11.3 MPG