World No. 1 Dustin Johnson increasing his ever-growing lead in a 2018 Ryder Cup USA points competition with a T12 in a Players Championship during TPC Sawgrass on Sunday.
Johnson is now only bashful of 1,200 points forward of Matt Kuchar, who is next-best in a standings.
The biggest inciter in a tip 10 this week came pleasantness of Brendan Steele. He jumped form No. 20 to No. 9 interjection to his T6 during TPC Sawgrass that enclosed a final-round, 4-under 68.
Brooks Koepka softened dual spots, adult to No. 5, with his T16 in a Players Championship.
The subsequent point-getting eventuality for 2017 comes in one month during a U.S. Open.
The points routine for a American group will interpretation on Aug 12, 2018, following a 100th PGA Championship during Bellerive Country Club in St. Louis, with a tip 8 players on a points list securing spots on a U.S. Team.
Here is a stream tip 12 (and ties):
1. Dustin Johnson, 1,766.313
2. Matt Kuchar, 575.907
3. Kevin Chappell, 436.831
4. Bill Haas, 427.188
5. Brooks Koepka, 416.075
6. Ryan Moore, 395.028
7. Phil Mickelson, 378.808
8. Jordan Spieth, 335.825
9. Brendan Steele, 312.819
10. Justin Thomas, 303.418
11. Rickie Fowler, 297.103
12. Pat Perez, 273.222
The 4 remaining slots on a U.S. Team will be Captain’s Selections. Three selections will be announced by Captain Furyk following a Dell Technologies Championship scheduled to be finished on Sep 3, 2018, and a final preference will be announced after a BMW Championship, that is slated to be finished on Sep 9, 2018.
Here’s a demeanour during a point-getting events and how a 12-player group will be picked:
2017 Major Championships:
- 1 Point per $1,000 warranted (The Masters; U.S. Open; Open Championship; PGA Championship)
2017 WGC Events and The Players Championship:
- 1 indicate per $2,000 warranted (WGC-Mexico Championship; WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play Championship; The Players Championship; WGC-Bridgestone Invitational; WGC-HSBC Champions)
2018 Regular PGA Tour events:
- 1 indicate per $1,000 warranted (Beginning Jan 1, 2018, by a PGA Championship, Aug 12, 2018; includes a Zurich Classic of New Orleans group eventuality and WGC events)
2018 Opposite Field PGA TOUR events will NOT accept points
2018 Major Championships:
- 2 Points per $1,000 warranted for a Winner; 1.5 Points per $1,000 warranted for all others to make a cut (The Masters; U.S. Open; Open Championship; PGA Championship)