Although nothing’s been done official, it’s reasonable to assume Aric Almirola’s back injury will force a motorist to skip some time. That would leave an open mark in Richard Petty Motorsports’ No. 43 car, a mark that could be filled by Carl Edwards.
But don’t get your hopes up.
The former Joe Gibbs Racing motorist did accept a call from RPM about replacing Almirola while he recovers, yet he declined, FOX Sports’ Alan Cavanna reported on “NASCAR Race Hub” on Monday. Cavanna also offering discernment into what Almirola, who fractured his T5 vertebrae in a fiery wreck during Kansas Speedway, will face during his recovery.
Personally, we’re not astounded Edwards declined this offer. The driver, who retired from NASCAR in January, has been a tiny bustling doing what many people do in retirement: Setting universe records in mutated Toyota SUVs.
Thumbnail print via Mark J. Rebilas/USA TODAY Sports Images
- Sean Avery Street Fight Video Surfaces, Ex-NHL Star Fought 2 Guys during Once
- Dean Cain Still Pissed Over Kaepernick Protest, ‘Disrespected a Flag’
- Ex-NBA Player Sebastian Telfair Arrested in Brooklyn with Loaded Guns and Drugs (PHOTO)
- New York Yankees’ Aaron Judge Hits a Record Long Home Run during 496 Feet (VIDEO)
- Dana White Books Kendrick Lamar for Son’s 16th Birthday Party (VIDEO + PHOTO)