COLLEGE STATION, Texas – The fifth-seeded Texas AM men’s tennis organisation will start play in their 25th uninterrupted NCAA Men’s Tennis Championship Friday afternoon during 1 p.m. opposite Lamar during a George P. Mitchell Tennis Center. Prior to a Aggies and Cardinals match, No. 18 Baylor (20-9) and No. 36 Arizona State (14-10) will face off during 10 a.m.
The twin winners will accommodate during 1 p.m. on Saturday, to establish that organisation advances to a NCAA Team Championships in Winston-Salem, N.C., May 18-22.
Fans are reminded a Mitchell Tennis Center adheres to a Texas AM Athletics ‘Clear Bag’ policy, for some-more information about a process revisit 12thMan.com/beclear . Additionally, all fans will accept nominal ubiquitous acknowledgment tickets to a matches this weekend, pleasantness of Texas AM Athletics.
The 2018 preference outlines a 26th altogether entrance for a men’s tennis organisation in a NCAA Tournament. Last year, a Aggies hosted a initial and second rounds in College Station. The Aggies non-stop a contest with back-to-back 4-0 victories over Oregon and Buffalo before descending to No. 5 UCLA in a Round of 16 in Athens, Ga.
The NCAA Selection Committee named Wake Forest (1), UCLA (2), Ohio State (3), Stanford (4), Texas AM (5), Mississippi State (6), North Carolina (7), Illinois (8), TCU (9), USC (10), Texas (11), Florida State (12), Florida (13), Oklahoma (14), Michigan (15) and Columbia (16) a inhabitant seeds. In further to a 3 inhabitant seeds from a SEC, 7 additional teams were named to a margin of 64 (Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt).
Visit 12thMan.com for some-more information on Texas AM men’s tennis in a field. Aggie fans also can keep adult to date with a AM men’s tennis organisation on Twitter by following @AggieMTEN or on Facebook during Facebook.com/AggieMensTennis.
THE MAROON WHITE
– Texas AM earnings 6 lettermen from final year’s patrol that modernized to a NCAA Round of 16 and finished a deteriorate ranked No. 12 in a ITA Rankings.
– Highlighting a organisation of returners is comparison Arthur Rinderknech, a Frenchman warranted singles and doubles All-America honors for a second true year, a initial Aggie to accomplish that attainment given Austin Krajicek did in 2010 and 2011. Rinderknech became a initial Aggie to acquire a contingent of singles All-American honors after earning a inhabitant seed to a arriving NCAA Single Championship.
– Also returning this deteriorate will be Jordi Arconada, AJ Catanzariti, Kevin Lam and Valentin Vacherot. Arconada (63), Catanzariti (48) and Rinderknech (64) contain one of a many flashy comparison classes in module story as all 3 are on gait to finish their career in a top-25 for twin compare singles victories (Brett Joelson, 2004-07, and Blake Arrant, 1993-1996, tie for 25th during 53 singles wins).
– Joining a gifted organisation of returnees are a party of gifted beginner including a Nation’s No. 1 partisan in Patrick Kypson, general blue-chip partisan in Barnaby Smith, 2016 US Open Junior Doubles Champion in Juan Carlos Aguilar and 2017 USTA Texas Grand Slam leader Pranav Kumar.
2018 ORACLE/ITA DIVISION we MEN’S NATIONAL RANKINGS
– The Aggies are one of 4 schools with 4 players listed in a latest singles rankings. Leading a assign for a Aggies is No. 5 Patrick Kypson followed by No. 12 Arthur Rinderknech, No. 48 Jordi Arconada and No. 72 Valentin Vacherot.
– In a doubles check a Aggies are one of 9 schools with during slightest 3 tandems ranked, led by No. 3 Arconada and Juan Carlos Aguilar. Arconada is ranked No. 65 alongside youth Kevin Lam. Rinderknech and Kypson warranted their eighth true doubles ranking as a pair, entrance in during No. 52 after earning a top-10 win during a ITA National Team Indoor Championships in their initial compare as a duo, commanding then-No. 5 McClain Kessler and Duarte Vale of Florida.
– Kypson’s No. 5 ranking is a fourth true top-10 ranking for a freshman, after earning a ranking in any of a final 9 polls. The beginner is 15-7 this open with 13 of his wins opposite ranked opponents. The double-digit ranked wins leads a organisation this year and was a many by an SEC actor this spring.
– Rinderknech warranted a top-15 ranking for a 20th time in his career and eighth time this year, a comparison became a Aggies first-ever three-time singles All-American after earning a inhabitant seed in a arriving NCAA Singles Championship. The Paris, France native, has claimed 64 singles victories to go along with 61 doubles triumphs wearing a maroon and white to arrange 16th on AM’s all-time singles win bill and 12th in doubles wins.
– The No. 72 ranking for Vacherot is a 10th true ranking for a sophomore. Vacherot modernized to a satisfaction final during a ITA All-American Championship final tumble in Tulsa, Okla., including wins over 3 ranked foes, including a integrate ranked players from then-No. 4 Georgia.
– Arconada pennyless into a polls 4 times as a beginner in 2016, reaching as high as No. 67 and was ranked in 8 of a 12 rankings final open with a high of No. 42 on Apr 18. Arconada has been among a ranked for 19 true polls, with a career-high No. 36 ranking this fall.
– The No. 3 ranking for Arconada and Aguilar is a 10th true and fifth top-10 ranking for a duo, environment a new career-high for a pair. The AM tandem warranted All-American standing after earning a No. 4 seed to a arriving NCAA Doubles Championship.
– Lam’s ranking of No. 65 alongside Arconada is a 10th true ranking of a junior’s career, a ranking came on a heels of an considerable ITA Regional display during a George P. Mitchell Tennis Center as they modernized to a finals final fall.
– Arconada, Catanzariti and Rinderknech contain one of a many achieved comparison classes in module history. The contingent have been a partial of 94 twin compare victories, 3 SEC Championships, one SEC Tournament pretension and a outing to a NCAA Championship Round of Eight.
– Arconada had one of a longest win streaks in module story a year ago, winning an rare 18 true matches. During a strain Arconada rose from unranked into a ITA top-50 after besting 5 ranked opponents. Arconada’s 63 singles wins changed him into 17th on Texas AM career singles wins list. The Argentinian went an rare 21-1 in discussion matches over his final twin seasons in Aggieland.
– Catanzariti warranted All-American honors a deteriorate ago in doubles alongside classmate Arthur Rinderknech. The Pittsburgh local has paced a Aggies in doubles wins twice in his 3 seasons in Aggieland (19 wins in 2015 and 13 wins in 2017). The right-hander needs 6 singles wins to pierce into a career singles wins top-25.
– Rinderknech enters his final open as one of a country’s best players, earning a career-best No. 4 ranking in a tumble and being among a ranked singles players in 36 rankings over a past 4 seasons. The Paris, France local changed into a top-25 for singles wins in module story during 64 and already stands during No. 12 on a career doubles attainment list. Rinderknech looks to stand a doubles list this open as he is usually 4 wins from a top-10.
– Sophomore Valentin Vacherot incited in a noted beginner debate after relating Arconada for a organisation lead in singles victories a year ago. The Frenchman stormed by his initial collegiate season, earning All-SEC Second Team and All-Freshman organisation honors final spring.
– Vacherot corroborated adult his initial twin deteriorate with an considerable tumble showing, earning a place in a 2017 Oracle ITA National Fall Championships after advancing to a 2017 ITA Men’s All-American Championship satisfaction final in Tulsa. The sophomore leads a Aggies with 9 contest wins this tumble and warranted a career-high No. 10 singles rankings entering a open season.
– Vacherot and Rinderknech are initial cousins from France, a twin featured alongside any other final open 5 times on a doubles court, earning a span of victories.
– Texas AM’s 2017 signing category was one of a many flashy groups in module history. The Aggie category includes a resources of general knowledge and a Texas state champion from a year ago. The category consists of Juan Carlos Aguilar, Patrick Kypson, Pranav Kumar and Barnaby Smith.
– Aguilar warranted a 2016 US Open Doubles Championship, claiming 5 wins including a span over seeded opponents en track to a prestigious contest title. The doubles standout warranted a career-high Junior ITF ranking of 23 in Oct of 2016 and featured for Bolivia in a Davis Cup final year.
– Kypson noted a initial time in module story that a nation’s No. 1 partisan sealed with Texas AM. The chosen youth reached as high as No. 672 in a ATP World Tour rankings and No. 18 in a ITF World Junior Rankings. The right-hander played in a contingent of Junior Grand Slams final year, including advancing to a semifinals during Wimbledon.
– Smith, from High Wycombe, Great Britain, warranted a career-high No. 62 World Junior ITF ranking and played in all 4 Junior Grand Slams final year, earning wins during Wimbledon, French Open and Australian Open.
– Kumar stormed by a installed margin to explain a 2017 USTA Texas Grand Slam Championship final Jun during a Eager Tennis Center on a campus of Abilene Christian University. The Plano. Texas local was ranked as high as a No. 3 awaiting in a state of Texas by tennisrecruiting.net.
DENTON’S 12TH YEAR AT THE HELM
– With a win over Auburn to interpretation a unchanging season, Denton picked adult his 250th win in a Maroon White apropos only a third manager in module story to accomplish a feat.
– Including this season, a Aggies have won during slightest 20 matches in any of a final 5 seasons underneath conduct manager Steve Denton and 7 times in his 12-year tenure. Four times during a final decade, Texas AM has strike a 25-win mark, winning 25 in 2010, 29 in 2011, 25 in 2014 and 27 in 2016.
– Texas AM has had a doubles tandem acquire All-America honors in any of a past 6 seasons. Catanzariti and Rinderknech warranted a Top-8 seed in final year’s Doubles Championship to indurate their All-American standing for 2017. Two years ago, Jackson Withrow and Rinderknech achieved a attainment after advancing to a Doubles Championship finals. Under Denton’s instruction a Aggies have constructed 10 doubles All-American duos compared to only 4 before to his arrival.
– The Aggies have done 25-straight appearances in a NCAA Tournament, hosting a initial and second turn for a past 6 seasons.
– Texas AM was ranked in Top-25 in 14 of a 15 rankings published final open and 87 of a final 89 polls, dating behind to Jan. 22, 2013. The Maroon White entered a open ranked No. 7, their tip ranking to open a open deteriorate given earning a No. 5 ranking tip open a 2016 season.