HOW THEY WILL FINISH
NJCAA DIVISION I
1. San Jacinto (Texas) JC
2. McLennan (Texas) JC
3. Chipola (Fla.) JC
4. Grayson (Texas) JC
5. Walters State (Tenn.) JC
6. Chattahoochee Valley (Ala.) JC
7. Dyersburg (Tenn.) State JC
8. Crowder (Mo.) JC
9. Wallace Dothan (Ala.) JC
10. Polk State (Fla.) JC
11. Cowley County (Kan.) JC
12. Central Arizona JC
13. Howard (Texas) JC
14. Santa Fe (Fla.) JC
15. Iowa Western JC
16. Yavapai (Ariz.) JC
17. Connors State (Okla.) JC
18. Wabash Valley (Ill.) JC
19. Florence-Darlington (S.C.) JC
20. Harford (Md.) JC
• San Jacinto (Texas) JC has done 5 World Series appearances this decade and have 3 runners-up finishes including 2016 and 2017. The Gators should be behind for some-more this year. San Jac’s pitching staff is intensely low with a vast series of energy arms, led by RHP Trey Dillard (93-95 mph), RHP/3B Sergio Macias and RHP Reid Morgan. The lineup is also plain interjection to OFs Matthew Goodheart and Alrerick Soularie, C Herbert Iser and RHP Reid Morgan.
• McLennan (Texas) CC won’t have a energy it had when it won 52 games final year. But it does lapse one of a best players in youth college turn in C/RHP Josh Breaux. Breaux has energy and a special right arm. The Highlanders should have an glorious pitching staff with 4 Division we signees. LHP Tristen Bayless, a Texas signee, sits in a low 90s, while LHP Bailey Horn, an Auburn signee, earnings after going 7-0, 3.86 final year. Baylor signee RHP Logan Freeman mixes a low-90s fastball and a peculiarity slider as he also earnings from final year’s rotation. McLennan will approaching finish adult with some-more than 10 Division we signees and/or draftees.
• A year ago, Walters State (Tenn.) JC wasn’t authorised for a World Series. They should be behind in World Series row this year interjection to a really low lineup. After winning 44 games final year, they move behind SS Hunter Wolfe, a 12th-round collect of a Pirates final year, who strike .393/.455/.658 and 3B Duncan Pence, a 33rd turn collect of a Mets in 2016 out of high propagandize who led a organisation with 12 home runs final season. 2B/3B Austin Henry, a Texas Christian signee; OF Dylan Harris, a North Carolina signee; RHP Hayden Lehman, a South Carolina signee and RHP Alex Haynes are also names to watch.
• This has a possibility to be a best Chattahoochee Valley (Ala.) CC organisation of Adam Thomas’ 19 years during a school. The organisation has an intensely low pitching staff, led by Alabama signee Casey Cobb (10-4, 1.29 in 2017), South Carolina signee LHP Cole Ganopulos (87-91 mph with a energy violation ball) and Virginia Military Institute signee RHP Jacob Menders. The Pirates move behind a whole outfield (Tre Kirklin, Isaac Phillips and John Devine) though will be operative in SS Parker McCoy (a send from Georgia Tech), C/2B Rankin Woley and DH Jason Rooks.
• After creation it to a JUCO World Series in 2017, Dyersburg (Tenn.) State JC should once again have a really manly lineup. The organisation earnings a heart of final year’s lineup with OF Andrew Swanson (.358/.456/.679), 1B Ladarius Williams (.341/.378/.603) and rapid CF Hagan Severance (.323/.445/.548) with 15 steals in 15 attempts. Dyersburg also combined a span of transfers in 2B Daino Deas and 3B Reed Smith who are approaching step into starting roles. The doubt for a Eagles is how good they can reconstruct a pitching staff. They will be depending on 90-93 mph RHP William Woods (a send from Tennessee-Martin), 88-90 mph LHP Tommy Morren (a send from Memphis) and RHP Bryce O’Brien (a send from Arizona Western who has overwhelmed 92 mph).
• Chipola (Fla.) JC has to mostly start over with a lineup after 7 hitters from final year’s inhabitant champions departed. C Max Guzman (.377-16-57) and OF Edmond Americaan (.364 with 12 stolen bases) are a usually dual starters behind in a lineup and RHP Andrew Grogan (1-0, 3.82 with 38 strikeouts in 38 innings) is a usually starting pitcher who is back. But there are copiousness of gifted reinforcements with C/1B Alex Webb, INF Morgan McCullough, C Austin Bates and RHPs Trevor Holloway and Weston Bizzle.
• After winning 54 games final year, Crowder (Mo.) JC brings behind some-more than half of a lineup and a clever pitching staff. 3B Kobe Morris (.384-9-65), OF Tyler Duncan (.358-10-80), LHP Aaron Ashby (7-0, 4.09) and RHP Zach Jackson (12-3, 3.90) assistance gait a organisation that should be one of a best in a Midwest.
• Grayson (Texas) JC looks installed as it brings behind 20 sophomores from final year’s 37-14 team. The pitching staff is about as maestro as a youth college organisation can be with 11 returning pitchers. Grayson also has 7 Division we commitments already, serve spotlighting their talent. RHP Taylor Ford (a Texas Tech commit), LHP Braxton Webb (an Oklahoma commit), LHP Spencer Hynes (a Houston commit) and LHP Nathan Hawkins leads a really low pitching staff. The lineup is also installed with SS Ricky Martinez (a Tennessee commit), OF Ryne Randle (an Abilene Christian commit) and 3B Jackson Glenn (a Dallas Baptist commit).
• Wallace-Dothan (Ala.) CC could be even improved than final year’s 43-19 organisation that done it to a Junior College World Series. OF Oraj Anu is an jaunty switch-hitter with energy intensity and speed. LHP’s Jonathan Gettys and Trevor Hillhouse and RHP Jacinto Arredondo lead a gifted pitching staff with copiousness of quickness and Anu, C Eric Rodriguez, 1B Tanner Frabott should gait a lineup.
• Polk State (Fla.) JC is looking to win a fifth uninterrupted Suncoast Conference title, though they will have to reconstruct on a fly to do so. With 22 new players, there are copiousness of opportunities for newcomers to step up. It’s a talent group, led by LHP Pat Doudican, RHP Chavez Fernander and RHP Alec Barger as good as Division we kickbacks RHP Billy McKay (from Florida) and RHP Jared Frielach (Kentucky). The lineup is paced by 3B/OF Zach Scott.
• Iowa Western JC is a energy year in and year out and with this lineup, they should once again be a organisation to fear. Speedy CF Tyler Reichenborn, defensive personality SS Kobe Hyland and 2B Hagen Holmstead’s attack ability give a lineup copiousness of tough outs. The pitching staff brings behind reduction starters, though RHP Keaton Winn, RHP Indigo Diaz and RHP Sean Chandler give a organisation reason to trust a pitching staff will locate adult to a hitting.
• With a span of Division we signees Chris Diehl (Utah) during catcher, an jaunty infield and copiousness of speed in a outfield, Central Arizona JC’s lineup should be in good shape. But a lot of immature players will have to step in immediately. RHP Nick Iverson, a Gonzaga dedicate with a 90-94 mph fastball and dual comparatively discriminating secondaries, is one to watch. Speedy OF Clayton Keyes, a 15th-round collect of a Diamondbacks in 2017, and RHP Jacob Hilton, a 28th turn collect of a Rangers in 2017, are also ones to watch.
• Howard (Texas) JC will move behind a maestro organisation by youth college standards, as a Hawks have a vast series of gifted sophomores. RHP Brandon Young, a Louisiana-Lafayette commit, went 8-3, 4.34. That might not sound all that impressive, though cruise that Howard’s organisation ERA was 6.11 and opponents posted an 8.69 ERA. Young sits in a low 90s with an considerable changeup. He’ll be assimilated by Louisiana State kickback RHP Ryan McKay, a 6-foot-5, 245 pounder with a low-90s fastball and good control and RHP Tyler McKay, a 6-foot-6, 230 bruise send from Kansas State with a low-90s fastball, a lax arm and maybe a best changeup on a staff. The lineup earnings C Doug Facendo (.436/.526/.808), rapid CF Robert Bullard as good as new additions SS Jaxon Williams, a send from Arkansas, and RHP/OF Nick Jodway, a spark-plug as a hitter who could also tighten interjection to a fastball that reaches a mid-90s.
• It’s a newcomers that give Santa Fe (Fla.) JC copiousness of optimism. Freshmen OF Andrew Eyster and 1B/RHP Garrett Mathes are approaching to step right into a lineup while Division we kickbacks OF/RHP Austin Bodrado (a send from Florida) and RHP Max McKinley (a send from College of Charleston) are also being counted on immediately. McKinley will be Santa Fe’s opening day starter.
• Yavapai (Ariz.) JC, a 2016 NJCAA Division we champs, will be looking to get behind to Grand Junction after unwell to make it final year. The Roughriders miss a lot of experience, though they have copiousness of abyss on a pitching staff, led by Darius Vines, an 88-92 mph righthander with a earnest violation turn and changeup. Vines has already been drafted twice, once out of high propagandize (32nd round, Astros, 2016) and final year out of Oxnard (Calif.) JC (27th round, Cubs). RHP Jonathan Stroman has sensory his slider to go with an 88-92 mph fastball and RHP Dominic Hamel and LHP Tom Costello could also hear their names called come June. C Alex Isola, a Texas Christian commit, will strike in a center of a lineup while also providing plain invulnerability behind a plate.
• Connors State (Okla.) JC earnings 7 starters from final year’s lineup. 3B Jake Northern (.417-19-100), C Tony Hrynkiw (.409-3-60), OF Louis Pelayo (.459-6-94) and 1B Colton Burgess (.368-7-64) have been assimilated by 2B Drenis Ozuna and OF George Bell Jr. (son of Blue Jays outfielder George Bell) in a really considerable lineup. RHP Logan Gragg (11-2, 2.50) and RHP Brandon Goldston (10-0, 2.06) conduct a plain revolution as well.
• Wabash Valley (Ill.) JC brings behind copiousness from final year’s World Series team, including SS Koby Stephens (.397 with 25 stolen bases final year) and LHP Koren Thompson (a Cincinnati signee). Freshman C/3B Brian Fuentes should also make an evident impact.
• A year after creation a initial NJCAA World Series appearance, Florence-Darlington (S.C.) Tech JC will be mostly starting over. But a Stingers do have 11 Division we signees/commitments. The pitching staff could be stout, led by RHP Evan Odum, an East Carolina dedicate with a sinker and a peculiarity violation ball. RHP Tanner Myatt, a large 6-foot-6 reliever, could be a team’s best breeze awaiting as a College of Charleston signee can run his fastball into a mid-90s. OF Dante Blakeney is behind after attack .341/.455/.659 with a team-best 9 home runs.
• Seven opposite Harford (Md.) JC hitters reached double digits in home runs final year. They should be usually as strenuously manly again this year, interjection in partial with a large further of C Spencer Smith, a send from East Carolina. Harford could indeed tip final year’s 137 home runs. OF Ryan Calhoun, 3B Nick D’Amore, OF/DH Lou Testa, 1B Jordyn Smith and OF Chase Ragsdale are all bats to watch.
OTHER TEAMS OF NOTE
- Cowley County (Kan.) JC will count on a pitching staff and invulnerability as they try to compare or beat final year’s 45 wins. The pitching staff is deep, led by RHPs Brannon Jordan, Aaron Stramel, Andrew Roach, Braden Minor and Brady Ballard and LHPs Kaid Karnes and Adam White. OF Keavon Edwards strike .349/.428/.670 final year and beginner 3B Cross Factor is an Oklahoma State signee with lefthanded energy during a plate.
- JC of Southern Nevada will be low on a pile interjection to RHP Ryan McDonald (UNLV signee), RHP Isaiah Blaylock (Houston signee), LHP Matt Mitchell, a lefty with an 88-91 mph fastball and a peculiarity changeup and hard-throwing RHPs Herbie Good and Joey O’Brien. The lineup will be many reduction experienced. 1B Justin Lutes and 3B Jordan Macias are back, though a Coyotes will start as many as 5 freshman.
- Hutchinson (Kan.) JC brings behind final year’s outfield and catcher, though will have a totally new infield. INF/RHP Wyatt Divis (UT-Arlington signee) will be counted on both as a hitter and as a pitcher. RHP Zach Moore, OF Bobby Morgensen and RHP Blake Hearn will also be counted on to assistance a rest of a organisation grow adult quickly.
- Louisiana State Eunice JC brings behind many of final year’s pitching staff, and they’ve combined some good additions as good with 2B/OF Mason Templet (a send from LSU), 3B/RP Micah McHugh (a send from Mississippi), and beginner SS Chance Clark. Speedy CF Jacob Richard could rise into a force in a lineup, though he’s got a lot of excellence to get to there.
- Santa Barbara (Calif.) JC has 12 pitchers it can count on and many of them have plain velocity. They’ll be pitching in front of a really rapid outfield as well. It’s a low team, nonetheless one that will not strike a lot of home runs. RHP Brett Vansant (a 6-foot-9 send from Western Kentucky), hard-throwing RHP Jayden Metz (up to 95 mph) and LHP Ian Churchill are pitchers to watch while OF John Jensen (a UC Irvine commit) will assistance expostulate a offense.
- John A. Logan (Ill.) JC has turn a unchanging writer of pitchers to watch. Two years ago it was second-round collect Matthias Dietz and final year it was Zack Haake, who is now pitching for Kentucky. Logan will have a party of arms to watch again this year with RHP Tanner Gordon, RHP Trey Riley, RHP Brendan Heiss and LHP Kyle Ostrowski.
- Patrick Henry (Va.) JC should be improved on a pile than final year and there is a core of a earnest lineup as well. Freshman RHP Bradley Hanner could minister immediately interjection to a complicated fastball (up to 92-93 mph) and self-assurance in his changeup. OF Ethan Winesburgh strike 8 home runs in usually 39 games final year. SS Garrett Jones (a Presbyterian commit) gets a many out of his tools.
- State College of Fla. JC will get copiousness of good pitching, though they will have to figure out who can expostulate in runs flattering quickly. RHP Robbie Peto (North Carolina transfer), RHP Hunter Perdue, LHP Zach Attianese (a Florida State signee), LHP Nate Gillen (a send from Florida Gulf Coast) and RHP/1B Brock Bell (the son of MLB SS Jay Bell) will give Tim Hill copiousness of options.
- Chattanooga State (Tenn.) JC has 24 beginner on a 27-man roster, so describing them as immature doesn’t entirely explain how many on-the-job training will be holding place. But a Tigers do have copiousness of athleticism with CF Sean Cheely, 2B Hayden Lock, C/OF Gavin Harmon and SS/RHP Noah Fitzgerald.
2017: Chipola (Fla.) JC
2016: Yavapai (Ariz.) JC
2015: Northwest Fla. State JC
2014: Iowa Western JC
2013: Central Ala. JC
2012: Iowa Western JC
2011: Navarro (Texas) JC
2010: Iowa Western JC
2017: Kankakee (Ill.) JC
2016: Jones County (Miss.) JC
2015: Louisiana State Eunice JC
2014: Mesa (Ariz.) JC
2013: Murray State (Okla.) JC
2012: Louisiana State Eunice JC
2011: Western Oklahoma JC
2010: Louisiana State Eunice JC
2017: Tyler (Texas) JC
2016: Tyler (Texas) JC
2015: Tyler (Texas) JC
2014: Tyler (Texas) JC
2013: Gloucester County (N.J.) JC
2012: Joliet (Ill.) JC
2011: Eastfield (Texas) JC
2010: Gloucester County (N.J.) JC